Floor Cleaning Hacks for Lazy Cleaners
Housekeeping is not easy. It takes work to maintain your beautiful home. The Carpet Center knows that no matter how tidy you keep your home, your floors will need professional cleaning. We offer professional floor cleaning to home and business owners in Conway.
Kick your shoes off in the designated shoe pile that has manifested itself by major entryways.
You will be pleasantly surprised at how much cleaner your floors will be when you take simple measures to prevent dirt from being tracked into your home. These simple floor cleaning measures include the following.
- Have a pair of “inside” shoes—also called house shoes. The idea is to only wear them indoors only so they stay clean.
- Use rugs. Pick out rugs that designed to collect incoming dirt. If you want to go the extra mile, you can invest in antimicrobial doormats. They are easier to clean.
- Make sure you clean these rugs often. The best—*ahem* laziest—option is to get rugs that can safely be cleaned in a washing machine.
It is always a good idea to protect your floor from the dirt and debris shoes track in. Even if you aren’t a lazy cleaner. You’ll appreciate sweeping less frequently. You will also protect your beautiful floor from the small dents and scratches that shoes can cause.
Hide your floor cleaning supplies where you will be cleaning.
Keep small stashes of cleaning supplies in the rooms you find yourself cleaning the most. Customize this stash to how the room needs to be cleaned most often. Keep an all-purpose cleaner and paper towels in every bathroom. The living room should have some kind of duster.
Instead of having all your cleaning supplies in the kitchen or linen closet, they are now readily accessible should you find yourself in a room with the urge to start cleaning. Be creative about how you hide this stash.
Cleaning supplies are unsightly. Here are a few tips.
- A duster could be secured under a coffee table, out of site.
- A mini vacuum cleaner can hide under a couch and still be plugged in to charge.
- If one of the bathrooms in your home doesn’t have storage under the vanity, put cleaning supplies in a wicker basket and cover them with reading materials.
Throw things away if they are not worth your trip to put them away.
Don’t be afraid to throw unnecessary things away. Just because you lose an item, doesn’t mean you lose a memory. Use your best judgement. If an item is not worth the effort it would take you to put them away, throw it away. Your time is valuable. This reasoning might help you declutter more than you think.
Contact us for your professional floor cleaning needs!